Brett Dawson, Esq.
President and Founder of Dawson Law Firm, P.C., Brett Dawson is a native of Rochester New York. He graduated from Brighton High School and went on to receive two degrees from the State University of New York at Albany. He has dedicated himself and his firm to helping businesses navigate policy and regulations in New York and throughout the United States. He received a Law Degree and MBA from the University of Kansas in 2000. He currently holds the distinction of being the first person in the history of the University of Kansas to graduate with both a Juris Doctorate and a Master of Business Administration degree within three years of enrollment. He returned to Western New York after graduating and lives near his office in Penfield.
Prior to attending law school, Mr. Dawson had multiple years of management experience working with a national restaurant franchise. He has experience counseling businesses in a wide range of business negotiations including corporate financing, mergers and acquisitions and franchise law. His unique business style approach to legal problems has earned him a reputation as a top notch business attorney including being chosen to act as an expert witness for corporate litigation concerns. Dawson Law Firm, P.C. was formed by Mr. Dawson in 2006 with a goal of making practical and affordable legal solutions available to all businesses. Mr. Dawson’s strong knowledge and reputation has moved beyond the state with Dawson Law Firm, P.C. now representing clients throughout North America.
Honors and Community Activities:
- CALI Award for Academic Excellence
- Penfield Business of the Month 2011
- Daniel Penfield Award – Finalist 2012
- Webster Business of the Month 2014
- Penfield Business of the Month 2016
- Since 2005 – Member of Penfield Business Association, past member of Board of Directors
- Since 2009 – Member of the Webster Chamber of Commerce; past member of Board of Directors
- 2009 to 2010 – Served on the Board of Directors for YMCA Camp Gorham.
- Since 2006 – Volunteer for Young Entrepreneurs Academy including speaking at Webster Schools
- Since 2013 – Volunteer for Penfield Sports Booster Club
- 2014-15 – President of the Wrestling Booster Club.
Work as Adjunct Professor:
- Taught Business Law as Adjunct Faculty at Roberts Wesleyan College.
- Currently teaching Business Law as Adjunct Faculty at Saint John Fisher College